SciNH5 | Chemically defined basal medium
SciNH5 was been developed to enable growth of adherent cells as well as the propagation of cell lines inherently grown in suspension. It serves as a basal medium for blood-derived cancer cells, T cell activation, hybridoma, primary adherent cells from human and oher animal source.
The chemically defined, protein-free formulation provides essential as well as beneficial nutrients. Depending on the cell type or cell line, the addition of specific growth factors is necessary.
Application note | Characteristics
SciNH5 is available in different formates:
- w/o L-glutamine, w/o nucleosides
- with L-glutamine, w/o nucleosides
- w/o L-glutamine, with optimised nucleoside composition
- with L-glutamine, with optimised nucleoside composition
- Powder for 1 L SciNH5 (w/o L-glutamine, w/o D-(+)-glucose, w/o NaHCO3)
SciNH5 contains neither phenol red, antibiotics nor poloxamer 188.
On request, variations in media formulation can be performed.
The medium is provided as a 0.22 μm sterile filtered as well as sterility tested liquid with a pH of 7.3 +/- 0.1 and free of mycoplasma.
Compatible cell lines
- T-cell propagation
- Avian embryonic cells
- Hepatoma cells
- Hybridoma cells
- Various human cancer cell lines